1) Place all of the ingredients in a bowl, and mix and knead to make a supple dough.
2) Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl or large (8-cup) measuring cup, cover it, and let it rise until it's doubled in size, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
3) Gently deflate the dough, and shape it into an 8" log. Place it in a lightly greased 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan.
4) Cover the pan, and allow the bread to rise for about an hour, until it's crowned about 1" over the rim of the pan. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 350°F.
5) Uncover the bread, and bake it for 35 to 40 minutes, tenting it lightly with foil after 20 minutes if it appears to be browning too quickly. When the bread is done, it'll be golden brown, and its internal temperature will register at least 190°F on an instant-read thermometer.
6) Remove the bread from the oven, and after a minute or so gently loosen the edges, and turn it out onto a rack to cool.
7) Cool completely before wrapping airtight for storage. Store for 4 to 5 days at room temperature; wrap tightly and freeze for longer storage.
Yield: 1 loaf.