1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease four 8- to 10-ounce capacity oven-safe ramekins, and place on a baking sheet.
2) Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Add the diced tomatoes, the chopped shallot and garlic, the salt, and the ClearJel or flour. Stir to combine.
3) Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the tomatoes have broken down and the resulting purée has thickened. Remove from the heat and add the whole grape tomatoes.
4) To make the crumble: Combine the dry ingredient and chives, then mix in the melted butter.
5) Spoon a quarter of the tomatoes into each ramekin, and layer a quarter of the crumble mixture on top.
6) Bake the crumbles for 20 to 22 minutes, until the topping is lightly browned.
7) Remove the crumbles from the oven, and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 4 servings.