1) Mix and knead all of the ingredients — by hand, in your mixer, or in your bread machine on the dough cycle — to make a soft dough.
2) Place the dough in a greased bowl or other rising container, cover it, and let it rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
3) Deflate the dough, form it into a 9" log, and place it in a greased 9" x 5" loaf pan. Cover loosely with greased plastic and let rise until the bread domes an inch above the rim of the pan, about 60 minutes. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 350°F.
4) Bake the bread for 30 to 35 minutes, until it's golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers at least 190°F.
5) Remove the bread from the oven, let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer the loaf to a rack to cool completely before slicing.
Yield: 1 loaf.