1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pans, or one 10 to 12-cup bundt-style pan.
2) To make the cake: Beat together the butter, sugars, salt, coconut milk powder, flavorings, and baking powder till fluffy.
3) Beat in the eggs one at a time, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl often.
4) Mix in the flour and milk alternately, being sure the batter is well mixed after each addition
5) Spoon the batter into the prepared pan or pans, and smooth with a spatula.
6) Bake the cake in the loaf pans for 45 to 50 minutes and the tube pan about 55 to 60 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
7) Remove cake(s) from the oven, and let sit for 15 minutes before removing from the pan and placing on a rack to cool.
8) To make the syrup: Mix the sugar and water. Bring the mixture to a boil and stir until the sugar dissolves. Stir in the vanilla.
9) Brush the top and sides of the cooling cake(s) with syrup. Cool for an hour or so before glazing.
10) To make the glaze: Stir the glaze ingredients until smooth, adding a bit more cream, milk or sugar until the glaze is the consistency of molasses.
11) When the cake is cool, drizzle glaze over the top.