1) Place the milk, 3/4 cup cream, sugar, rice, and King Arthur Pure Vanilla Extract in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
2) Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, for 30 to 40 minutes, until thickened. This is very similar to cooking risotto.
3) Test the rice to ensure it's done. You want a firm bite, but no crunchy center to the kernel.
4) Remove the pudding from the heat, and stir in the remaining 1/4 cup cream and the Vanilla Bean Crush or Pure Vanilla Plus, along with a pinch of salt.
5) Serve warm; or refrigerate, well covered, and serve chilled. Sprinkle with a touch of ground cinnamon, if desired.
Yield: about 2 cups pudding.