Note: Thanks to reader feedback, this recipe has been amended as of 12/18/12, as follows: the milk has been omitted from the frosting, to make a firmer frosting.
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan, or line with cupcake papers and grease the papers, for easiest removal.
2) To make the cupcakes: Whisk together the cake flour blend, coconut milk powder, and toasted coconut.
3) In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, cake enhancer, salt, baking powder, and flavors until the mixture is well blended.
4) Beat in the eggs whites one at time, beating until fluffy after each addition.
5) Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk.
6) Scoop about 1/3 cup batter into each muffin cup.
7) Bake the cupcakes for 16 to 18 minutes, until they're very lightly browned and test done with a cake tester. Remove from the oven, after 5 minutes turn out of the pan, and cool on a rack.
8) To make the frosting: Beat the butter, coconut milk powder, cake enhancer, and a pinch of salt until fluffy.
9) Add the sugar in 3 parts, beating until fluffy after each addition. If the frosting is too stiff to spread, beat in a little milk or cream.
10) Beat in the vanilla and coconut flavor.
11) Ice each cupcake with about 2 tablespoons of frosting. Roll in coconut flakes.
Yield: 12 cupcakes.