|Be the first to rate this recipe »|
|whole grain, quick-n-easy|
|Yield:||12 medium (2") biscuits|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, onion and garlic powders, and chives.
3) Work in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the bacon.
4) Whisk together the egg, buttermilk, and honey in a large measuring cup and add, all at once, to the flour mixture. Stir together until the dough is evenly moistened.
5) Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and using a bench knife or dough scraper, fold it over on itself three or four times, until it comes together.
6) Pat the dough into a 3/4"-thick circle. Cut with a 2" biscuit cutter, and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Stack any scraps on top of each other, fold over once or twice, and cut once more to use the rest of the dough. Brush the tops of the biscuits with more buttermilk, if desired.
7) Bake the biscuits for 20 to 22 minutes, until the tops are golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and serve warm.
Yield: 12 medium (2") biscuits.