|Be the first to rate this recipe »|
1) Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large pot or extra-large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 prosciutto slices. Cook until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels; repeat with remaining prosciutto.
2) Add the whole sage leaves to the pot, and cook until crisp; transfer to paper towels.
3) Heat the remaining oil in the same pot over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, shallots, thyme, and chopped sage. Sauté until the mushrooms are brown and the liquids evaporate, about 12 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
4) Add the stock to the pot and reduce, scraping up the brown bits, about 7 minutes.
5) Remove from the heat and add and cheese and mushroom mixture.
6) Season with salt and pepper; add the butter, stirring until it melts, before using to sauce the pasta.
Yield: 6 servings.