1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 6 cups of a standard muffin tin (or 20 mini-muffin cups) with papers, or grease each cup.
2) Whisk together the sugar, oil, salt, and egg.
3) Add the zucchini, carrots, dried fruit and nuts.
4) Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to the batter. Stir till just combined.
5) Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Let the muffins rest for 10 minutes before placing them into the oven.
6) Bake the muffins until the edges are lightly browned and they feel firm if gently pressed, about 18 to 25 minutes. A cake tester inserted into the center of a muffin should come out clean.
7) Remove the muffins from the oven, and cool them in the pan for 10 minutes; transfer to a rack, and cool completely.
Yield: 6 standard muffins, or 20 mini muffins.