1) Preheat a griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat; if you have an electric griddle, set the heat to 400°F.
2) Beat the eggs with the oil, salt, and pepper until thoroughly combined.
3) Add the herbs, scallions, zucchini, and cheese, stirring to combine.
4) Stir in the flour.
5) Grease the hot griddle lightly. Drop the batter in 1/4 cupfuls onto the griddle; a muffin scoop works well here. If necessary, spread the cakes to about 3 1/2" to 4" diameter.
6) Cook the cakes for 3 minutes, or until they're brown on the bottom, and bubbles have appeared on their tops. The top surface will appear somewhat dry and set.
7) Flip the cakes, and cook them for about3 to 4 minutes on the second side, or until they're as moist/cooked as you like when you break one open.
8) Repeat until you've used all of the batter.
9) Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold; with butter and grated cheese, or without. Store any leftovers, tightly wrapped, in the refrigerator. Reheat in a toaster or toaster oven, if desired.
Yield: about 20 cakes.