- Hands-on time:
- 5 mins. to 7 mins.
- Baking time:
- Total time:
- 2 hrs 5 mins. to 2 hrs 7 mins.
- 6 servings
Fast and easy to prepare, this adult-style chocolate "pudding" (actually, more a dense mousse than a pudding) is rated "R"... for rich!
- 1) Place the chocolate chips, salt, sugar, and espresso powder in a blender or food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- 2) Add the egg and pulse just until the mixture is smooth.
- 3) Heat the cream to just below a boil, with small bubbles forming around the edge of the saucepan (or microwave-safe bowl).
- 4) Turn on the blender or processor, and slowly add the cream. Scrape down the sides of the container if necessary. Add the flavoring of your choice and pulse to blend.
- 5) Divide into 6 individual serving cups. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
- 6) Serve with whipped cream, if desired. Or simply garnish with a sprinkle of confectioners' sugar and fresh berries.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Tips from our bakers
- If you worry about raw eggs and food safety issues, use a pasteurized egg in this recipe.
- Want to make this into a delicious and easy chocolate cream pie? Read our blog post.