- Hands-on time:
- 25 mins. to 35 mins.
- Baking time:
- 20 mins. to 25 mins.
- Total time:
- 3 hrs 45 mins. to 4 hrs
- 20 twists
Savory twists to enjoy by themselves, or to dip in pizza sauce or marinara.
- 1) Mix, then knead the dough ingredients to make a smooth, elastic dough, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2) Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover it with lightly greased plastic wrap, and let it rise until it's doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- 3) Make the filling by stirring together the cheese powder, Pizza Seasoning, melted butter, and water.
- 4) Grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment.
- 5) Turn the dough out onto a lightly greased work surface. Pat, then roll it into a 20" x 10" rectangle.
- 6) Spread the dough with the filling, leaving 1/2" free of filling along the long edges. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- 7) Fold the dough in half so the long sides (free of filling) meet. Press together by rolling over the dough with a rolling pin. Cut into twenty 1" slices.
- 8) Place the slices about 1" apart on the prepared pan, twisting them as you lay them down. Brush with olive oil or garlic oil.
- 9) Cover and let rise for about 1 hour, or until puffy. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 10) Bake the twists for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they're light golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and serve warm with pizza sauce or marinara, if desired.
- Yield: 20 twists.