- Hands-on time:
- 20 mins. to 30 mins.
- Baking time:
- 35 mins. to 40 mins.
- Total time:
- 1 hrs 25 mins. to 1 hrs 40 mins.
- 4 to 8 servings
These little nuggets of melted cheese and pepperoni wrapped inside biscuit dough don't use yeast, so they're easy to put together for an impromptu gathering.
- 15-ounce can (2 scant cups) pizza sauce
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1) Grease four 10-ounce capacity ramekins or other small, bakeable cups. Make sure whatever you choose can safely go from freezer to oven.
- 2) Whisk together the flour, cornstarch, flavor, seasoning, baking powder, and sugar.
- 3) Stir in the heavy cream to moisten the dough thoroughly.
- 4) Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface, and roll it 1/4" thick.
- 5) Use a sharp 2 3/4" square biscuit cutter or a straight-edge and sharp knife to cut the dough into 2 3/4" squares, re-rolling and cutting the dough until you have 32 squares.
- 6) Fill the center of each square with 1/4 teaspoon pizza sauce, several pieces of pepperoni, and a heaping teaspoon of mozzarella.
- 7) Gather up the four corners of each square; pinch the corners and edges to seal.
- 8) Place 8 balls into each of the prepared ramekins. Brush with garlic oil.
- 9) Place the ramekins in the freezer for 30 minutes to improve the biscuits' texture and rise. While the biscuits are chilling, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 10) Bake the biscuits for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown.
- 11) Remove them from the oven, cool for 5 minutes, and serve with the extra pizza sauce for dipping.
- Yield: 4 to 8 servings.