- Hands-on time:
- 10 mins. to 15 mins.
- Baking time:
- 24 mins. to 30 mins.
- Total time:
- 1 hrs 44 mins. to 1 hrs 55 mins.
- 6 jumbo muffins; or 12 standard muffins; or 16 to 18 small muffins
Serve one of these lightly sweetened muffins with butter for a delicious snack-time treat.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut flavor, optional but tasty
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut or sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk powder, optional
- pinch of salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut, optional
- 1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a standard popover pan, mini popover pan, or 12-cup muffin pan.
- 2) To make the muffins: Combine the eggs, honey, oil, sugar, and coconut flavor, stirring until smooth.
- 3) Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- 4) Stir in the zucchini and coconut.
- 5) Scoop the batter into the wells of the pan: 1/2 cup for a popover pan, 2 tablespoons for a mini popover, and 1/4 cup for a muffin pan.
- 6) Bake for 24 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one muffin comes out clean.
- 7) Remove from the oven, cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- 8) To make the glaze: Sift together the dry ingredients; mix in the milk.
- 9) Dunk the top of each muffin into the glaze, and sprinkle with toasted coconut, if desired.
- Yield: 6 jumbo muffins; or 12 standard muffins; or 16 to 18 small muffins.