- Hands-on time:
- 10 mins. to 15 mins.
- Baking time:
- 14 mins. to 14 mins.
- Total time:
- 24 mins. to 29 mins.
- 3 individual cakes
Want a quick way to impress and indulge your dinner company? Turn your gluten-free chocolate cake mix into something elegant with this easy variation to create a molten chocolate wonder.
- 1) Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly grease 3 silicone baking cups. Whisk the cake mix, confectioner's sugar, cocoa and espresso powder until they are thoroughly blended.
- 2) Add the water and melted butter to the dry mixture and stir gently.
- 3) Stir in the egg just until blended, taking care not to over-mix.
- 4) Divide the batter among the baking cups and place 2 bittersweet chocolate disks (optional) into the center of the batter in each cup. Bake at 375F for 14 minutes or until the internal temperature of the cakes reaches between 160-165°F. A quarter-sized circle in the center of the cakes will appear underdone and jiggly when you pull the cakes from the oven.
- 5) Immediately run a small knife or small offset spatula around the edges of the cakes to loosen them from the sides and allow them to cool for 5 minutes.
- 6) Turn the cakes out onto individual plates and serve immediately with crème anglaise, chocolate sauce, or a nice fruit purée.
- Yield: 3 servings.