- Hands-on time:
- 20 mins. to 30 mins.
- Baking time:
- 20 mins. to 25 mins.
- Total time:
- 40 mins. to 55 mins.
- 12 muffins
These muffins feature a luscious center of moist, rich cinnamon filling. Add a confectioners' sugar glaze once they're cool, if you like, but they're really just as good with simply their streusel topping.
- 1/2 cup Baker's Cinnamon Filling mix*
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water
- *Or substitute 3 tablespoons melted butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon for the Baker's Cinnamon Filling mix and water.
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup lukewarm milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons Signature Secrets culinary thickener or cornstarch
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips or butterscotch chips
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon milk, or enough to make a pourable glaze
- 1) Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake papers, or grease it lightly.
- 2) Prepare the topping by mixing the ingredients together until crumbly. Set aside.
- 3) Prepare the filling by mixing the Baker's Cinnamon Filling with enough water to make filling with a soft, pudding-like consistency. If you're using the substitute, simply mix together all of the ingredients. Set aside.
- 4) To make the batter: In a bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the melted butter, milk, and eggs.
- 5) In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, including the chips.
- 6) Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
- 7) Divide half the batter evenly among the muffin cups; a tablespoon cookie scoop, generously filled, works well here.
- 8) Dollop 2 teaspoons cinnamon filling onto each muffin; a teaspoon cookie scoop, filled level, works well here.
- 9) Top with the remaining batter.
- 10) Sprinkle generously with the topping, pressing it in lightly.
- 11) Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they're golden brown.
- 12) Remove the muffins from the oven, and wait 5 minutes before transferring them from the pan to a rack to cool.
- 13) To make the glaze: Mix the glaze ingredients together until smooth. Drizzle over the cooled muffins.
- Yield: 12 muffins.