- Hands-on time:
- 15 mins. to 20 mins.
- Baking time:
- 15 mins. to 18 mins.
- Total time:
- 35 mins. to 45 mins.
- 12 cupcakes
Do you love King Arthur Flour's Vanilla Bean Pound Cake mix? Are you looking for new ways to use your favorite mix, especially at holiday time? Here's a way to make your mix into lovely, spicy pumpkin cupcakes.
- 1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Spritz with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2) Beat together the cake mix, butter, and eggs using a mixer set at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 3) Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, and add the milk, pumpkin, and spices. Beat for another 2 minutes.
- 4) Scoop the thick batter into the prepared muffin cups. They'll be quite full.
- 5) Bake the cupcakes for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove them from the oven and immediately turn them out onto a rack to cool completely.
- 6) These cupcakes are wonderful as is, or topped with vanilla icing or cream cheese frosting .
- Yield: 12 cupcakes.