- Hands-on time:
- 10 mins. to 15 mins.
- Baking time:
- 30 mins. to 35 mins.
- Total time:
- 45 mins. to 60 mins.
- one 9" pie
While the title may make you blush, the "naked" refers to the fact that this pie has no crust, top or bottom. So, while you may not blush, you'll still grin ear to ear over this "pie's" amazing flavors, and its oh-so-simple steps to success.
- 1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9" pie pan.
- 2) In a large bowl combine the beaten eggs, sugars, and salt. Whisk until the mixture is well combined and smooth.
- 3) Add the flour and baking powder, whisking until lump-free.
- 4) Fold in the sliced apples, toasted nuts, and vanilla.
- 5) Pour/scrape the batter into the prepared pie pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until set and lightly browned. A knife tip inserted into the center of the pie should come out clean.
- 6) Serve slightly warm, with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Yield: one 9" pie.
Tips from our bakers
- To toast pecans, place the nuts in a single layer in a dry skillet. Cook over medium low heat until the nuts begin to color and become very fragrant. Be sure to stir often and watch carefully, as nuts can scorch quickly.
- This recipe can be spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, or your favorite apple pie spice. One teaspoon will give you the fall flavor you love.