- Hands-on time:
- 10 mins. to 15 mins.
- Baking time:
- 20 mins. to 25 mins.
- Total time:
- 1 hrs 30 mins. to 1 hrs 40 mins.
- 24 bars
Need a cookie in a jiffy without babysitting batch after batch? Here's a decadent cookie bar using our gluten-free cookie mix and a super blend of flavors and textures. Just spread the dough in a pan and you'll have cookies in 25 minutes or less! Add your own favorite combination of dried fruits, chips, and nuts.
- 1 box King Arthur Gluten-Free Cookie Mix
- 10 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 cups add-ins of your choice (chips, dried fruit, oats, nuts, etc.)
- 1) Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan lined with parchment paper.
- 2) Prepare the cookie dough according to the box instructions, using the amounts of butter and water in the ingredients list at left.
- 3) Stir in 3 cups of any combination of chips, dried fruit, or nuts.
- 4) Spread the dough evenly in the prepared pan.
- 5) Bake the bars at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes. The top should be lightly browned when they are done. Cool them to lukewarm before serving.
- Yield: 24 bars.
Tips from our bakers
- Three cups of add-ins is ideal for this cookie bar. We like 1 cup oats, 1/2 cup coconut, 1/2 cup white chocolate chunks, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup butterscotch chips.