- Hands-on time:
- 10 mins. to 15 mins.
- Baking time:
- 60 mins. to 1 hrs 5 mins.
- Total time:
- 1 hrs 20 mins. to 1 hrs 30 mins.
- 1 large 10" bundt cake
"Why isn't coffeecake made with coffee?" Have no fear; this cake, perfect for coffee time, IS made with coffee: espresso powder, to be exact. Add a good helping of coffee liqueur (or strong brewed coffee), and your "java tooth" will be totally satisfied.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1) Preheat the oven to 325°F. Use solid shortening to grease a 10- to 12-cup bundt pan. Stir together the sugar and espresso powder topping, and use it to coat the pan well, tapping out the excess.
- 2) In the bowl of your mixer combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder. Mix on low speed to combine.
- 3) Add the eggs, vegetable oil and milk. Beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape the bowl.
- 4) Add the Kahlua/coffee liqueur or brewed coffee, and beat for 2 minutes.
- 5) Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it level.
- 6) Bake the cake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a long cake tester come out clean. Remove the cake from the oven, cool it in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a rack to cool completely before serving.
- Yield: 16 to 18 servings.