- Hands-on time:
- 10 mins. to 15 mins.
- Baking time:
- 8 mins. to 10 mins.
- Total time:
- 18 mins. to 25 mins.
- 18 cookies
This may be the simplest recipe you've ever made! It's hard to imagine that so few ingredients can create such perfection in a cookie; so if you like peanut butter, chocolate, and are living flour- and dairy-free, then this recipe is a must-try!
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or mini chips
- 1) Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- 2) Beat the peanut butter, sugar, baking soda, and salt at medium speed of your mixer, until well-blended.
- 3) Add the egg and vanilla, and blend on low-medium speed until incorporated.
- 4) Stir in the chocolate chips.
- 5) Scoop the dough by the tablespoonful onto a parchment-lined baking sheet (a tablespoon cookie scoop is best for this job) and push the top of the dough to flatten just slightly.
- 6) Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven, and cool right on the pan. The tops should be slightly crinkled and you will want to pull them BEFORE they begin to brown on the edges.
- Yield: 18 cookies.
- [ Add New Instruction ]
Tips from our bakers
- This recipe doesn't work as well with natural peanut butter as with standard store-bought. The result, when tested, was a dryer, more crumbly cookie.