- Hands-on time:
- 10 mins. to 15 mins.
- Baking time:
- 20 mins. to 30 mins.
- Total time:
- 35 mins. to 50 mins.
- about 4 cups
Hot seafood dips are making a comeback on the buffet table and we couldn't be happier. Chicken wings and cheese sticks have their place, but a hot crab or shrimp dip adds a bit of old-school class and reminds us of cocktail and card parties.
- 2 1/4 cups cooked, peeled shrimp, chopped
- 2 cups cream cheese, softened
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped fine
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeņos, chopped fine
- 1) Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- 2) Check the shrimp for shells, and rinse well under cold water. Be sure the shrimp are deveined as well.
- 3) In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until very smooth. Add the shrimp, tomato, onion, garlic and jalapeņos. Beat for another minute to combine.
- 4) Spoon the mixture into the casserole dish. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbling in the center.
- 5) Serve hot with toast points, crackers, and sturdy chips for dipping.
- Yield: approximately 4 cups.