- Hands-on time:
- 10 mins. to 15 mins.
- Baking time:
- Total time:
- 15 mins. to 20 mins.
- approximately 2 dozen
It doesn't take much energy at all to mix together the ingredients for these bite-sized treats. A nut butter for binding, a little honey for sweetness, dried milk for protein and your favorite blend of mix-ins. Breakfast on the go will be a snap with these in the house.
- 1) In a large bowl mix together the nut butter, oats, honey, dry milk and vanilla.
- 2) Using 2 cups total as your guideline, add in your mix-ins. If you are using chia seeds or poppy seeds, use only about 1 tablespoon as part of your mix-ins. Chia seeds especially can cause gastric distress if consumed in too large a quantity.
- 3) Use your hands to blend and mix together all the ingredients. If the mixture is a bit dry, you can add more honey; add more oats if the mixture is a bit too sticky. This "recipe" is very flexible; consider it simply a starting point.
- 4) Using your hands, two spoons or a tablespoon cookie scoop, portion the dough out to the size of ping-pong balls. Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan to rest and firm up for about 20 minutes.
- 5) Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. These are great for breakfast with a glass of milk or juice.
- Yield: Approximately 2 dozen bites.
Tips from our bakers
- Want a boost of chocolate? Try adding 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder to your base mix along with the nut butter.