Golden Vanilla Cake Mix
- Enjoy tender, moist vanilla butter cake.
- Ideal for cupcakes, bundt-style or layered birthday cakes.
- Just add butter, eggs & milk.
- Added bonus! Thanks to the Hi-maize fiber in this mix, you'll get 3g of dietary fiber in each serving – as much as in a slice of whole-grain bread! And your family will never be the wiser.
What you get
For delicious, tender cake, try our easy King Arthur mix. Yields 2 dozen cupcakes; two 9" rounds, or a 9" x 13" sheet cake.
Care & storage
Store cool and dry 9 months.
Test kitchen tips
High Altitude Instructions: Preheat the oven to 360°F. Whisk together the dry mix with the additional flour and Instant ClearJel if using; then proceed with the package directions as written using the adjusted amounts below. Check for doneness 5 minutes sooner than lowest bake time given on package.
- 3500 to 5000 feet: Add 1 tablespoon flour and 1½ teaspoons Instant ClearJel to the mix. Add 2 teaspoons extra milk.
- 5000 to 7000 feet: Add 2 tablespoons flour, 1 tablespoon Instant Clearjel to the mix. Add 1 tablespoon extra milk.
- 7000 to 9500 feet: Add ¼ cup flour, 2 tablespoons Instant ClearJel to the mix. Add 2 tablespoons extra milk.
Visit our tips page for helpful hints for this and other fine mixes.
Make this cake EXTRA-special! Add 1 teaspoon cherry flavor and 8 ounces sweetened tart cherries to the batter. Bake in a tube or bundt-style pan. When it’s completely cool, top with glazing sugar or confectioners’ sugar. Beautiful... elegant... delicious.
Instructions for baking in a 9" x 13" pan: Mix as directed, spoon batter into greased and floured 9" x 13" pan, shake gently to level batter, and bake until top is light golden brown, a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean, and the cake begins to pull away from the edges of the pan, about 33 to 36 minutes.