Baking Artisan Bread and Pastries
- Chef Hitz demonstrates more than 30 recipes in step-by-step detail, with an additional 20 complementary recipes.
- Hitz’s simplified, formula-based approach – ingredients are given in both volume and weight, both metric and American – makes these professional-quality recipes totally accessible to the home baker.
- Chapters on ingredients, equipment, and techniques offer a wealth of great information; a trouble-shooting guide offers guidance if things go awry.
- Full-color process shots and clear directions make this book a must-have for the aspiring artisan baker.
What you get
Make quick breads, muffins, and scones; all kinds of sweet breads, from sticky buns to brioche, panettone, and stollen; Danish and croissant; plus the fillings, glazes, toppings, and spreads to go with them.
- 176-page softcover, packed with color photos of both technique, and finished product.
- BONUS: 40-minute DVD offers additional instruction in mixing, shaping, and other key techniques.