Basic Muffin Mix
- Start with this mix and create your own muffins—anything from caramel-chocolate chip to lemon-raspberry.
- Just stir in the flavor and add-ins of your choice, plus 2 eggs, butter, and milk.
- Bake, and enjoy!
- Each value-priced bulk bag makes three batches of 12 standard-size muffins.
- Note: When making muffins, be sure not to overfill your cup; fluff mix before measuring, then sprinkle into cup, and sweep off excess. If you bake by weight, mix weighs 4 3/4 ounces per cup.
What you get
Let King Arthur Flour offer you a safe launching pad for your wildest baking ideas.
Test kitchen tips
High Altitude Instructions for a single batch (12 muffins): Melted butter gives better results than oil at altitude; if you wish to use oil, add 2 tablespoons of extra milk. Whisk together the dry mix with the additional flour and Instant ClearJel if using; then proceed with the package directions as written using the adjusted amounts below. Check for doneness 5 minutes sooner than lowest bake time given on package.
- 3500 to 5000 feet: Use 2¾ cups mix, mixed with 2 tablespoons flour and 1 tablespoon Instant ClearJel. Use 1 large egg plus 1 extra-large egg.
- 5000 to 7000 feet: Use 2½ cups mix, mixed with ¼ cup flour and 1 tablespoon Instant ClearJel. Use 1 large egg plus 1 extra-large egg.
- 7000 to 9500 feet: Use 2¼ cups mix, mixed with ¼ cup flour 2 tablespoons Instant ClearJel. Use 2 extra-large eggs. Add 2 tablespoons extra milk.
For Quickbread, follow adjustments above, and increase baking temperature to 360°F.