What could be better than chili and cornbread? How about chili served with golden cornbread “cobs” cooked up perfectly in a cast iron pan? These tasty little corns will be as fun to look at are they are to eat!
What you get
Pre-seasoned cast iron pan with 7 corncob impressions. Creates corncobs that are approximately 5" long.
12” x 5½". Each corncob impression holds ¾-ounce of batter.
Care & storage
Oven-safe. For best results, rinse with hot water immediately after using. Use a non-metal brush to clean.
Cornbread isn’t just an accompaniment to chili anymore. It can be dressed up to go with most any dish. Try any of our mix-in combinations below, or experiment with some of your own.Corn and Scallion
- ½ cup (2 ounces) fresh/cooked or frozen/thawed corn kernels
- ½ cup (about 1½ ounces) chopped scallions (3 or 4 scallions, white and green part)
- 1/4 cup (4 ounces) cooked, crumbled bacon
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- ½ cup (2½ ounces) dried cranberries
- ½ cup (2 ounces) chopped walnuts
- Gently fold any mix-ins into the prepared cornbread mix. Transfer the batter to a greased muffin pan, a cornstick pan, or an 8” square baking pan. Bake according to package instructions.
Yield: 12 muffins, 18 cornsticks, 8” square pan