Vanilla Cream Scone Mix
Simple perfection, classic with jam and cream spreads.
Fresh-baked scones, hot from the oven... it just doesn't get any better! King Arthur's easy scone mix makes delicious scones FAST.
- Serve scones at breakfast, high tea, or anytime.
- Simply blend, shape and bake for hot & delicious scones in less than 30 minutes.
What you get
Made with unbleached King Arthur Flour. Makes 8 to 16 scones (depending on size of scones). This is the same popular scone mix that was previously known as "Cream Tea Scone Mix".
Care & storage
Store mix cool and dry 12 months.
Test kitchen tips
High Altitude Instructions: Increase oven temperature to 410°F. Whisk together the dry mix with the additional flour and Instant ClearJel if using. Cut ½ cup of butter (4 ounces, 1 stick) into the dry ingredients. Decrease the cream to ½ cup. Check for doneness 5 minutes sooner than lowest bake time given on package.
- 3500 to 5000 feet: Add 1 tablespoon flour plus 1½ teaspoons Instant ClearJel to the mix. Use 1 large egg plus 1 extra-large egg.
- 5000 to 7000 feet: Add 2 tablespoons flour plus 1 tablespoon Instant ClearJel to the mix. Use 1 large egg plus 1 extra-large egg.
- 7000 to 9500 feet: Add ¼ cup flour plus 2 tablespoons Instant ClearJel to the mix. Use 2 extra-large eggs.
For perfectly portioned drop scones, our bakers swear by our scone-scoop. Each heaping scoopful yields roughly ⅓ cup of dough. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar, and you've got scones fit for the King. All of our mixes were tested using this handy scoop.
Make pancakes, muffins, quick breads, or coffeecake with this versatile scone mix. Click here to see how.