Deliciously Simple Chocolate Cake Mix
When you're in a hurry (like, when are you NOT in a hurry, right?!), but you just have to have a chocolate cake (yup, you forgot today was your office-mate's birthday)!
- Bakes into a moist, delicious chocolate cake.
- Just stir together eggs, oil, water & mix, then bake.
- Layer and frost, or simply sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired.
- Made with unbleached King Arthur Flour.
What you get
Easy-to-make chocolate cake mix. Yields two 8" round layers; 2 dozen cupcakes; or a 9" x 13" sheet cake.
Care & storage
Store cool and dry 12 months.
Test kitchen tips
High Altitude Instructions: Preheat the oven to 360°F. Use 2 extra large and 2 large eggs, and ¾ cup melted butter instead of oil. If you wish to use oil, add 1 tablespoon milk. Whisk together the dry mix with the additional flour and Instant ClearJel if using; then proceed with the package directions as written using the adjusted amounts below. Check for doneness 5 minutes sooner than lowest bake time given on package.
- 3500 to 5000 feet: Whisk 1 tablespoon flour, 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa, and 1½ teaspoons Instant ClearJel into the mix. Use 1½ cups water.
- 5000 to 7000 feet: Whisk 2 tablespoons flour, 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa, and 1 tablespoon Instant ClearJel to the mix. Use 1½ cups plus 2 tablespoons water.
- 7000 to 9500 feet: Whisk ¼ cup flour, 2 tablespoons cocoa and 2 tablespons Instant ClearJel into the mix. Use 1¾ cups water.