Lemon Buttermilk Cake Mix
Soft and moist. Boxed cake mix? King Arthur redefines the term with this old-fashioned lemon buttermilk cake kit. Soft and moist, featuring the sweet tang of lemon, this cake will bring you back to the days when cakes were fresh, homemade, and utterly delicious. Beautifully packaged, perfect for a hostess or shower gift basket.
What you get
Old-Fashioned Lemon-Buttermilk Cake Kit includes cake mix, and tangy-sweet lemon glaze mix. Made with select ingredients, including sweet cream buttermilk, lemon juice, and lemon oil. Mix makes one bundt-style cake.
Care & storage
Store cool and dry 12 months.
Test kitchen tips
High Altitude Instructions: Preheat the oven to 370°F. Use 2 large plus 2 extra-large eggs. Whisk together the dry mix with the additional flour and Instant ClearJel if using; then proceed with the package directions as written using the adjusted amounts below. Check for doneness 5 minutes sooner than lowest bake time given on package.
- 3500 to 5000 feet: Add 1 tablespoon flour and 1½ teaspoons Instant ClearJel to the mix. Add 1 tablespoon extra milk.
- 5000 to 7000 feet: Add 2 tablespoons flour and 1 tablespoon Instant Clearjel to the mix. Add 1 tablespoon extra milk.
- 7000 to 9500 feet: Add 3 to 4 tablespoons flour and 2 tablespoons Instant ClearJel to the mix. Add 2 tablespoons extra milk.
- Cited by The Chicago Tribune: "King Arthur Flour's Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Lemon Cake Mix earned praise from tasters, who loved the tender crumb and zingy citrus flavor.
- Voted 2006 Outstanding New Product Finalist by the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade!