The Baking Sheet, Autumn 2011
- Cakes: Apple Sugar, Chocolate (George Towner’s Family recipe), Orange cupcakes, Peanut butter cupcakes.
- Cookies: Apple Brownies, Double Chocolate Treasures, Double Decker Molasses, Oatmeal Molasses, Peanut Butter and Banana Frostings and fillings: Poured Fondant.
- Gluten-free: Anadama bread.
- Pies: Pocket Pies (sweet), Hample (savory), Pecan, Chicken Pie in Cheddar-Herb Crust, Hample Soups: Lentil with Sausage.
- Quickbreads: Banana-Carrot Muffins, Sprouted Wheat Soda Bread Bread machine: Soft Rye Raisin Boules Yeast Breads: gluten-Free Anadama, Hame and Cheese Rolls, Pan Noir, Soft Rye Raisin Boules, Squash Rolls.
What you get
The Baking Sheet written by Susan Reid, Allison Furbish, and Robyn Sargent. Inside you’ll find a feature on cupcakes with delicious, durable frostings that can get to school in one piece, how-to instructions on portable “Pocket” pies, and a collection of sandwich breads, cookies, and bakeable savory treats that are perfect for a quick meal. Also, information on sprouted wheat flour, and a recipe for gluten-free Anadama bread, and recipe makeovers for Pan Noir and Anadama bread.