Take your cornbread from everyday to special occasion! Corn, peppers, and cheddar cheese (extra-sharp preferred) add both texture and flavor to this classic quick bread.
- 1 box King Arthur Gluten-Free Cornbread Mix
- 4-ounce jar sliced pimientos or 4-ounce can diced jalapeños, drained
- 8.5-ounce can (1 cup) whole-kernel sweet corn, drained; or 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen/thawed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grease a 9" square pan at least 2" deep.
- Prepare the mix batter as directed.
- Fold in the corn, peppers of your choice, and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading to level. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake the cornbread for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is well browned.
- Remove the cornbread from the oven, and allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.
Yield: about 16 servings