Lately it seems we've been seeing pretzels popping up on menus everywhere. Although pretzel sandwich buns are something we've been inspired by for a while now, we've decided to take them to the next level and introduce them to our hamburger bun pan for a perfectly shaped and sized bun. Our quick-and-easy pretzel mix makes these buns a breeze to prepare for that last-minute summertime barbecue.
- Prepare the dough as instructed.
- After its first 30-minute rise, divide the dough into 6 pieces and form them into balls, flattening them slightly so that they're more disk-shaped.
- Let the buns rest for 15 minutes, and prepare the water bath as instructed.
- Place the buns in the water bath, and cook for 15 to 20 seconds on each side.
- Transfer the buns to the well-greased cups of a hamburger bun pan (or a parchment-lined baking sheet), and bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until they're a deep golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven and cool on a rack.
Yield: 6 pretzel buns