King Arthur Flour Debuts New Line of Essential Goodness Baking Mixes
Buy a Mix, Give a Meal: For every mix purchased, a meal will be donated to someone in need
Norwich, Vermont – September 6, 2016 – King Arthur Flour, America's oldest and most trusted flour brand, introduces Essential Goodness, its newest line of baking mixes offering consumers the taste and quality of homemade baked goods with the convenience of a mix.
"King Arthur Flour's 226 years of baking experience have taught us that ingredients are at their best when they're pure and simple," says Erika Randolph, Brand Manager, King Arthur Flour. "With Essential Goodness we stick to the good stuff: real food, no preservatives or artificial colors or flavors, and no ingredients you can't pronounce. These are delicious products you will feel good about feeding your family and proud to share with your friends." The mixes are also sourced non-GMO and certified kosher.
For every Essential Goodness mix purchased, King Arthur Flour will donate the cost for Feeding America, the nation's largest organization dedicated to fighting domestic hunger, to supply one meal through its national network of food banks. There is no limit to how much is given, no end date to the campaign, and a guarantee from King Arthur Flour to donate a minimum of one million meals (monetary equivalent of $110,000) by June 30, 2017.
Available for purchase at grocery stores across the U.S. and online, consumers can use www.kingarthurflour.com/wheretobuy to locate the store nearest to them. King Arthur Flour will offer consumers two coupons, found in most Sunday, September 25 newspapers in the U.S. The first coupon will be buy one mix, get one free, good for two weeks and the second is to save $1.00, good for three months.
The Essential Goodness line includes six varieties at launch:
- Everyone's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie - made with real chocolate chips and brown sugar, these cookies are adaptable, allowing one to make them chewy, crunchy, or cakey
- Sour Cream Coffeecake - tender crumb cake with a delicious crunch from the crumb topping, this coffeecake uses real sour cream and premium cinnamon
- Cloud 9 Pancake - light and fluffy with a hint of sweetness, these pancakes are packed with 23g of whole grain per serving, offering a nutritious, wholesome breakfast
- Lemon Bar - a bright, zesty combination of sweet and tangy: the buttery, rich shortbread layer is topped with a smooth, sweet filling made with real lemon
- Cinnamon Sugar Puff Muffin - made with premium cinnamon and nutmeg, this mix creates a delicious, tender cross between a muffin and a classic, old-fashioned doughnut
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Bar - with real vanilla bean and a decadent, buttery graham cracker crust, this mix yields a cheesecake in single-serve bars, making it a perfect go-to dessert
To learn more, visit www.kingarthurflour.com/products/essential-goodness-mixes.
About King Arthur Flour
King Arthur Flour is an employee-owned company and a certified B-corporation with a commitment to social and environment good. It is the mission of the company to inspire and share the joy of baking, bringing people together and building stronger communities. The company's high-quality flours, mixes and ingredients are available in supermarkets nationwide and online. More than 3,500 tested and trusted baking tools, ingredients, and recipes are available online at kingarthurflour.com. Headquartered in Norwich, Vermont, King Arthur Flour became 100% employee-owned in 2004, a founding B (Beneficial) Corporation in 2007, and sponsor of 1% for the Planet in 2014.