Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
Delicious, rich, fabulous chocolate cake that just happens to be gluten-free. King Arthur Flour is proud to introduce the very best gluten-free chocolate cake mix you'll ever bake.
|YOU'LL NEED||OUNCES||GRAMS||BAKER'S %||1 LB, 6 OZ OF MIX||5 LBS OF MIX||25 LBS OF MIX||50 LBS OF MIX|
|2 cups King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free
Chocolate Cake Mix
|11||312||100||1 lb, 6 oz||5 lbs||25 lbs||50 lbs|
|2 large eggs||3.5||100||32.1||7 oz||1 lb, 10 oz||8 lbs||16 lbs|
|1/3 cup vegetable oil||2.3||66||21.2||4.6 oz||1 lb, 1 oz||5 lbs, 5 oz||10 lbs, 10 oz|
|2/3 cup water||5.3||151||48.5||10.6 oz||2 lbs, 7 oz||12 lbs, 2 oz||24 lbs, 4 oz|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F if using glass or dark metal pan(s)). Lightly grease pan(s) or cupcake papers in muffin pan(s).
2. Whisk together butter or oil, water, and eggs. Add mix and stir until well combined.
3. Pour batter evenly in prepared pan(s) or cupcake cups.
4. Bake until cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean and top springs back when lightly pressed: 25-35 minutes for 8" layers, 20-28 minutes for 9" layers, 25-28 minutes for half-sheet pan, 24-28 minutes for 9" x 13" pan, or 18-22 minutes for cupcakes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool in pan(s) for 10 minutes before turning out onto a rack to cool completely.
* We do not recommend using egg substitutes with this mix.
11 ounces of mix bakes one 8"-9" round pan or 1 dozen cupcakes
1 pound, 6 ounces of mix bakes one 9" x 13" pan
5 pounds of mix bakes seven to eight 8"-9" roundlayers or 7-8 dozen cupcakes or 2 1/2 half-sheetpans
25 pounds of mix bakes thirty-five to thirty-six 8"-9" round layers or 35-36 dozen cupcakes or 12-13 half-sheet pans
50 pounds of mix bakes seventy to seventy-two 8"-9" round layers or 70-72 dozen cupcakes or 25 half-sheet pans
Tips from our Bakers
- For a bundt-style cake: Prepare as directed, using a 10-cup capacity pan. Add 2 cups chocolate chips or nuts. Bake 45-48 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Beat in 4 eggs, vegetable oil, water, and gluten-free vanilla extract. Spoon into 2 round layer pans, bake, and enjoy. Add your own frosting, if desired. Another benefit: we've worked hard to ensure that cake made from our mix will stay fresher longer than cake made from other mixes.
- King Arthur Flour recommends the GFCO's Certified Gluten-Free Food Service Training and Management program for professional gluten-free baking instruction. For more information, please visit GFFoodService.org.