Your muffins turn out perfectly every time with our mix. Tender, sweet muffins are easy to dress up with fruit, spices, nuts, and more.
|YOU'LL NEED||OUNCES||GRAMS||BAKER'S %||5 LBS OF MIX||25 LBS OF MIX||50 LBS OF MIX|
|3 1/2 cups King Arthur Flour
Gluten-Free Muffin Mix
|16||454||100||5 lbs||25 lbs||50 lbs|
|6 tablespoons butter, melted /
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
|3 / 2.6||85 / 74||18.8 / 16.4||15 oz / 13 oz||4 lbs, 11 oz / 4 lbs, 2 oz||9 lbs, 6 oz / 8 lbs, 3 oz|
|3 large eggs||5.3||150||33.1||1 lb, 10 oz||8 lbs, 4 oz||16 lbs, 9 oz|
|1 cup milk||8||227||50||2 lbs, 8 oz||12 lbs, 8 oz||25 lbs|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 12 cups of a standard muffin pan, or line with greased paper muffin cups.
2. Stir together melted butter or oil, eggs, and milk. Add mix and whisk until smooth. If desired, add 1 1/2 cups of fresh berries, chopped nuts, dried fruit, or chips.
3. Fill muffin cups almost full. Let batter rest for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar or coarse sugar, if desired.
4. Bake for 18-22 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto rack to cool completely.
16 ounces of mix bakes 12 muffins
5 pounds of mix bakes 5 dozen muffins
25 pounds of mix bakes 25 dozen muffins
50 pounds of mix bakes 50 dozen muffins
Tips from our Bakers
- To make in a loaf pan: Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9"x5" loaf pan. Prepare mix as directed, adding up to 1 1/2 cups of fruit, nuts or chips if desired. Extra spice,lemon or orange zest add a nice touch as well. Pour into loaf pan and allow to rest 10 minutes. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, tenting loaf at 45 minutes, until an interior temperature of at least 200 F. Allow the loaf to cool for 10 minutes in pan before turning onto a rack to finish cooling.
- To make pumpkin muffins: Stir 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice into the dry mix (or substitute 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon + 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves + 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger for the pumpkin pie spice). Prepare the mix as instructed, replacing the milk with one 15-ounce can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling). Bake pumpkin muffins for 20-24 minutes. Alternatively, pour the batter into a lightly greased 9" x 5" loaf pan, and bake pumpkin bread in a preheated 350°F oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- For quick bread: Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan. Prepare mix as directed. Pour into loaf pan and allow to rest 10 min. Bake for 55-65 minutes, tenting at 45 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes in pan before turning onto a rack to cool completely.
- King Arthur Flour recommends the GFCO's Certified Gluten-Free Food Service Training and Management program for professional gluten-free baking instruction. For more information, please visit GFFoodService.org.