Use your imagination —
- For flavorful twists on the original cookie, add the following ingredients to the dough before baking:
- Oatmeal-Raisin-Pecan: Add 1 cup quick-cooking oats, 1/2 cup chopped pecans, and 1/2 cup raisins.
- Bake Sale Carnival: Add 1 cup of your favorite candy bits, chopped candies, or nuts.
- Peanut Butter: Add 1/2 cup peanut butter.
- Double Chocolate Chip: Add 4 ounces of your favorite chocolate, melted (about 2/3 cup chips).
- Tip: For a less "boulder-like," more pleasingly shaped cookie, flatten the cookies to 1/2" tall before baking.