Buttery, cinnamon-y snickerdoodle cookies have a lot in common with our cinnamon muffins, flavor-wise. And it's a simple matter to turn our Cinnamon Sugar Puff Muffin Mix into these delicious cookies!
- Muffin mix
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- Cinnamon-sugar (included)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Stir together the muffin mix, butter, and egg, mixing just until combined and scraping bowl as needed.
- Place the cinnamon-sugar in a small, shallow bowl.
- Shape the dough into rounded tablespoonfuls. Drop each ball of dough into the topping, rolling to coat thoroughly.
- Place the cookies 2" apart on an ungreased baking sheet, leaving them rounded for a domed cookie or flattening them to 1/2" thick if you prefer a crispier yet more traditionally shaped Snickerdoodle cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 16 to 18 minutes. Bake less time for soft, chewy cookies, more for crisp cookies.
- Cool the cookies for 5 minutes on the pan, then transfer them to a rack to finish cooling. Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 21 cookies