Autumn is the perfect time of year for this delicious cranberry-orange coffeecake. But don't limit yourself to just one season: This breakfast treat is a year-round favorite!
- Topping mix
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Cake mix
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- Grated rind (zest) of 1 orange, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan.
- Combine the topping mix with the butter to form large crumbs; set it aside.
- Beat together the cake mix, butter, orange juice, and eggs for 30 seconds on low speed, and 1 minute on medium speed. Scrape the bowl as needed.
- Gently fold the dried cranberries and orange zest into the batter.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the topping evenly over the batter, pressing it in gently.
- Bake the cake for 25 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and serve it right from the pan, warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 24 servings