Make a classic cheesecake
Make a Classic Cheesecake
Want to turn these cheesecake bars into a classic round, tall cheesecake? It's easy!
- Crust mix
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Filling mix
- Three 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a 10" springform pan.
- To make the crust: Combine the crust mix and melted butter, stirring until uniform crumbs form. Press the crumbs into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the prepared pan.
- Bake the crust for 14 to 16 minutes. Remove it from the oven.
- To make the filling: Mix together the filling mix, cream cheese, and sugar at low speed. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing just until blended after each; scrape the bowl between additions.
- Pour the batter into the crust, spreading it evenly.
- Bake the cake for 50 to 60 minutes, until all but the very center of the filling is set. Carefully remove the cake from the oven, and let it cool completely at room temperature. Chill thoroughly in the refrigerator before cutting and serving.
Yield: 24 servings