Bake classic brown sugar cookies at home, just the way you like them. Made of the best ingredients, our quick and easy mix is a perfect base for your favorite add-ins, like chocolate chips, dried cranberries, or nuts.
|You'll Need||Ounces||Grams||Baker's %||1 lb, 6 oz of mix||5 lbs of mix||25 lbs of mix||50 lbs of mix|
|3 cups King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free Cookie Mix||16||454||100||1 lb, 6 oz||5 lbs||25 lbs||50 lbs|
|1/2 cup butter, softened||4||113||25||7 oz||1 lb, 4 oz||6 lbs, 4 oz||12 lbs, 8 oz|
|1 large egg||1.8||50||11||4.6 oz||9 oz||2 lbs, 12 oz||5 lbs, 8 oz|
|2 tablespoons water||1||28||6.3||10.6 oz||5 oz||1 lb, 9 oz||3 lbs, 2 oz|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place half the mix in a bowl, and beat in butter. Add egg and water, and beat until fluffy.
3. Beat in remaining cookie mix, scraping bottom and sides of bowl. Add nuts, chips, or dried fruit if desired.*
4. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, leaving 2" between cookies. Gently flatten cookies to 1/2" thick.
5. Bake until just browned, 10-12 minutes.
6. Cool on pans for 5 minutes before transferring to rack to cool completely.
* Add 1-3 cups chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit for each 16 ounces of mix. Overall yield will vary depending on the add-ins.
16 ounces of mix bakes about 24 cookies*
5 pounds of mix bakes about 10 dozen cookies*
25 pounds of mix bakes about 50 dozen cookies*
50 pounds of mix bakes about 100 dozen cookies*
Tips from our Bakers
- To make a non-dairy version: Substitute 1/2 cup butter with 1/2 cup vegetable shortening.
- Egg replacement tips: both the flax egg replacer, and the starch egg replacer worked well with our GF cookie mix. The flax replacer made chewier cookies, the starch recipe, crisper. If you like chewy cookies, go with the flax gel.
- To to make this mix into a bar: mix in up to 3 cups of assorted chips, dried fruit, chopped nuts and coconut then spread into a greased or parchment lined 9"x13" pan. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes. Our favorite bar so far? We used a 1 cup of chocolate chips with ½-cup each of dried cranberries, shredded coconut, gluten-free oats, and chopped walnuts.
- King Arthur Flour recommends the GFCO's Certified Gluten-Free Food Service Training and Management program for professional gluten-free baking instruction. For more information, please visit GFFoodService.org.