- To make the crust: Beat together the butter, sugar, flavorings, and salt.
- Whisk together the flour and almond flour (if you're using it), and mix into the butter. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Press the crust into the bottom and up sides of a 9" to 10" round tart pan. Use a fork to prick the dough all over. Freeze for 30 minutes (or longer), covered. Just before baking, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bake the crust for 20 to 22 minutes, until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the filling, and spread it into the cooled crust.
- Top with raspberries and blueberries, and serve immediately.
- If you're not going to serve the tart immediately, add a glaze to keep the fruit fresh. Use a tart glaze spray, or the following.
- To make the glaze: Mix the brown sugar into the juice. Soften the gelatin in the juice for 5 minutes or so, then heat in the microwave or over low heat until the gelatin dissolves. Let cool to lukewarm.
- Brush some of the glaze over the fruit.
- Yield: 9" tart, 8 to 10 servings.
Tips from our Bakers
- Extra glaze may be kept refrigerated and covered for a week or two; reheat before using.