- Line two baking sheets with parchment or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugars, and syrup together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat at medium speed until smooth. Scrape the bowl once again.
- Add the dry mixture and mix at low speed until just combined. Scrape the bowl and mix once more for 30 seconds. Add the dried fruit and mix until well blended.
- Scoop ping pong-sized balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Cover the pans and chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator, or 20 minutes in the freezer. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- After chilling, uncover the cookies and bake them for 18 to 20 minutes, until they're just golden at the edges and have set in the center. Remove them from the oven and cool on the pan on a rack for 10 minutes before transferring the cookies directly to the rack to cool completely before serving.