- Make sure your strawberries are washed, dried, and at room temperature. Using berries with fresh green leaves (rather than bedraggled, brownish leaves) is a better choice.
- Ready a piece of parchment paper, foil, or waxed paper large enough to hold the berries in a single layer. Place the paper on a baking sheet.
- Put the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat it for about 1 minute, just till it looks soft and shiny.
- Use a spoon to stir the chocolate till it's melted and smooth.
- Grasp a strawberry by its stem, and swirl it in the chocolate to coat all sides. Place on the paper or foil.
- Repeat with the remaining berries, spacing them so they don't touch.
- Refrigerate the berries for 20 minutes; this will set the chocolate. Remove them from the refrigerator, and let them harden completely at room temperature.
- Serve the same day, if possible.
- Yield: 1 quart chocolate-dipped strawberries.
Tips from our Bakers
- This amount of chocolate will cover about 18 fairly large berries. If your berries are very small, you might want to increase the amount of chocolate.