- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter or grease your standard doughnut pan.
- To make the doughnuts: Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg, water, oil, and flavor until frothy.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients, and stir until well combined.
- Fill each doughnut form about half full, using ¼ cup batter.
- Bake the doughnuts for 12 to 14 minutes, until they spring back when touched lightly and are very light brown on top.
- Cool for a few minutes, then spread with glaze, or dust with powdered sugar.
- To make the glaze: Whisk together the confectioners' sugar, flavor, and heavy cream until smooth, adding more cream until glaze is the consistency of molasses.
- Did the tops of the doughnuts in the glaze or use a spatula to spread the glaze onto the doughnuts.
- Sprinkle over the toasted coconut, if desired, and allow the glaze to set before serving.
Tips from our Bakers
- Prefer sugar-dusted doughnuts instead of glazed? Whisk or sift ½ cup confectioners? sugar with ½ cup coconut milk powder. Place into a bag. Shake slightly warm donuts gently in the bag to coat.