- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, pizza seasoning, and pizza flavor. Set the mixture aside.
- Whisk together the butter, eggs, and milk, and add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until the batter is evenly moist and thoroughly combined.
- Place the jam bun (aebleskiver) pan on the stove. Allow it to preheat over medium heat for several minutes.
- Grease each well of the pan by adding a dab of butter, or removing from the heat and spraying with non-stick spray.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of batter into each of the wells.
- Let the batter cook for about 2 minutes, then use a small spoon to place a cheese cube into the middle of the batter. The batter will rise over the cheese—add a bit of extra batter if needed.
- When the bottoms are set and golden brown, flip the buns over—a table knife or chopstick works well here
- Cook until the second side is also golden, an additional minute or two.
- Remove from pan, and serve warm.
- Yield: about 40 buns.
Tips from our Bakers
- It's a good idea to bake one test bun first, in order to figure out exactly how hot you need the burner to be in order to cook the buns all the way through without burning them.