- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, topping, sugar, and optional buttermilk powder.
- Work in the butter just until the mixture is crumbly, with some larger chunks of butter remaining.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk, mixing until the dough is moistened. Add more milk if needed to moisten any dry bits in the bottom of the bowl.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface, and fold it over on itself three or four times.
- Pat the dough 3/4" thick. Cut into biscuits with a 2" to 2 1/4" cutter, dipping the cutter into flour between biscuits to reduce sticking. Pile the scraps on top of each other, pat 3/4" thick and cut the remaining biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops with the melted butter and sprinkle with the optional topping.
- Bake the biscuits for 10 to 14 minutes, or until they're light golden brown. Remove them from the oven and serve warm.
- Store any leftover biscuits, well wrapped, at room temperature for two days; freeze for longer storage.
Tips from our Bakers
- Everything Bagel Topping contains salt so if you're sensitive to sodium, feel free to decrease the amount of topping you add to 1 tablespoon, and skip sprinkling it on top of the biscuits.