- Heat the oil to 375°F in a deep fryer, or a deep, heavy pan with sides at least 3" deep.
- In a large bowl, beat together the milk and eggs. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir into the egg mixture until smooth. Pour 1 cup of batter into the dispenser.
- Start from the center of the hot oil and, in a swirling motion, pour batter in concentric and overlapping circles to make a 6" or 7" round.
- Fry cake on both sides, until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining batter. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve warm.