- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a standard 12-well muffin pan. Or line the pan with paper muffin cups, and grease the cups.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, including the raisins and nuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, and oil.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the grated carrots, stirring to combine.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling them quite full.
- Bake the muffins until a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the oven, and cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Tips from our Bakers
- To sweeten muffins even more, sprinkle with coarse white sugar before baking; or drizzle their tops lightly with honey, just before serving.
- This is a good example of a "stir together" muffin. Dry and wet ingredients are whisked together separately, then gently stirred together. To ensure tender muffins, don't beat wet and dry together; stir just till combined.