- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, extract(s), and salt. Stir in the flour.
- Scoop chestnut-sized (1") pieces of dough and roll them into balls. A level teaspoon cookie scoop will give you just the right amount of dough.
- Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet, leaving 1" between them.
- Bake the cookies for 15 to 18 minutes, until they feel set on top: some of them may be starting to barely brown around the edges.
- While the cookies are baking, put the confectioners’ sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, allow them to cool on the pan for a few minutes, then transfer them five or six at a time to the bowl. Roll them in the sugar to coat, then transfer them to a rack to cool.
- When the cookies are cool, roll them in the sugar again; they should be thoroughly coated and snowy white.
- Store airtight at room temperature for several days; freeze for longer storage.